Published August 17, 2022
Foundation launch new Girls Elite Player Development Centre
The Foundation are delighted to announce that we will be launching a new Girls Elite Player Development Centre for the 22/23 season. Sessions will take place on a Tuesday evening running from 6-7pm for U9-U12 players and 7-8pm for our U13-U16 groups located at Halstead Leisure Centre.
“I’m naturally delighted with this announcement as it provides players local to Halstead to be part of the Ipswich Town Female Pathway, training with us on a weekly basis and providing a transparent pathway for progression. Following the success of our Lionesses, we expect to see many young players attending our centres this season.” said Harry Watts, Girls Football Development Officer.
The Foundation are continuing to extend our provision across East Anglia following a hugely successful 21/22 season where we saw over 400 girls taking part in our Invitation Only Development Centres located at 5 different venues.
U9-U12 – https://www.participant.co.uk/itfcfoundation/event/open_trial_-_girls_halstead_epdc_trial_-_u9u12
U13-U16 – https://www.participant.co.uk/itfcfoundation/event/open_trial_girls_halstead_epdctrial-u13u16
*Please select the age group for the upcoming 22/23 season
Ipswich Town Female Player Pathway benefits include –
- Regular communication in the form of parent emails and social media updates (@ITFCFoundation)
- Training provided by experienced qualified Ipswich Town coaching staff
- Venues located across East Anglia to have maximum coverage, and reduced travel time for players.
- New coaching syllabus in line with Ipswich Town Women & ACC
- 30 weeks training split into 2 x 15-week blocks
- Internal games provide opportunities to be selected for external fixtures
- Training night matches against local grassroots clubs
- Regular visits from ATC and ACC staff to progress along the player pathway
- Extensive Fixture Programme against other professional clubs (For selected players)
- Football Tour and Development Camp opportunities
- Ball girl opportunities for both men’s and women’s first-team games.
- Brand new player report system which will feature both individual player challenges and easy to understand traffic light colour coded grading system.
- Work experience opportunities for players of appropriate age
- Priority in receiving Football & Education placements.
- Visits from Ipswich Town Women first-team players & Coaching staff
- Part of the England Talent Pathway
Places will be offered along the pathway to those successful after the initial trial. If you cannot attend the registered trial date, please contact email@example.com and he can look to provide you with a trial on a development centre training night of your choice, if spaces are available.