Published July 26, 2022
Matchday Experience and Fly The Flag 2022/23
The Ipswich Town Foundation have two incredible opportunities for youth football teams to be part of the ultimate matchday experience at Portman Road in the 2022/23 season.
With Town pushing for promotion to the Championship, and over 16,000 season tickets sold, there has never been a better time to be at the centre of an unrivalled matchday atmosphere.
This incredible opportunity offers your team (U7’s to U12’s) the chance to visit Portman Road on matchday, be at the centre of the action in our FanZone with a 45-minute training session, exclusive access to have a go on the FanZone inflatables, tour the stadium, meet a player and one of the club mascots (Bluey or Crazee) and take in the game from the Upper Tier of the Sir Alf Ramsey Stand. It is a unique package which is the perfect treat for any Ipswich Town fans or football fanatics.
The package, priced at £600.00, provides for 2 coaches, 14 junior players and 14 accompanying adults (30 in total). The junior price includes a match ticket as well as taking part in the event, while adult matchday tickets are provided at a reduced rate.
These numbers are only a guide and there is flexibility to accommodate your teams’ requirements, including the purchase of additional junior and adult tickets.
- Arrive 11:30am at Portman Road, via Main Gate on Constantine Road where your coach will meet you.
- 11:30 – 12:15pm – Take part in a 45-minute training session to include a small-sided game with our qualified coaches.
- 12:15 – 12:55pm – Take on the FanZone inflatables.
- 1:00 – 1:25pm – All players and coaches head off for a stadium tour. (More details below)
- 1:25 – 1:35pm – Have a group photograph with an Ipswich Town 1st team player (this will be sent to you after the match).
- 1:40pm – Head back into the FanZone area and meet up with parents to have some more fun.
- 2pm onwards – Take your seat in the Sir Alf Ramsey Upper stand and a well-earned rest to cheer the ‘Super Blues’ to victory.
Please note – accompanying adults can enter the FanZone to watch the training session/small-sided game, however only the two grassroots coaches will be able to take part in the stadium tour with the children. Children will return to the FanZone where the group can again meet up and enjoy the rest of the experience.
The ITFC matchday Stadium Tour gives you a unique insight into the world of professional football and a chance for you to see parts of the ground which are usually reserved strictly for players and match officials.
The tour will lead you to the Boardroom, Premier Lounge, and the Champions Lounge. Included in these areas are cabinets displaying international caps, FA Cup and Championship medals and replica UEFA Cup, FA Cup and Play-Off final trophies. The tour also visits the Directors Box for one of the best views in the stadium! You’ll pop into the Media Suite where the Manager gives his press conferences after each game and can stroll down the Roll of Honour to find the name of your favourite former Ipswich Town stars!
- Child ticket – £15.00
- Adult ticket – £25.00
- Tickets will be situated in the upper tier of the Sir Alf Ramsey stand.
- Total package cost is £600.00 (30 tickets)
- Additional tickets can be added if required.
PLEASE NOTE THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS BELOW
- Please make sure child playing is wearing appropriate kit to play in, such as Astro trainers and shin pads (No BOOTS to be worn).
- Only 1 adult ticket available to accompany 1 child as part of the package, additional tickets can be purchased if required.
- Parents must be wearing sensible footwear i.e. no high heels for ladies due to health and safety requirements.
- There is no parking available on site however there are public car parks available nearby.
- All Ipswich Town Football Club Ground Regulations apply.
FLY THE FLAG
A unique opportunity to be on the Portman Road pitch, welcoming the Ipswich Town first team as they walk out of the tunnel ready to play in a league or cup fixture. You’ll be joined by ITFC mascot Crazee as you and your teammates form a guard of honour ahead of kick off.
The experience is priced at £30 per child which includes a Fly the Flag t-shirt to keep.
Discounts are available for groups of 12 or more and if you participate in the Matchday Experience at the same game.
- Arrive 1:00pm via Gate 1 on Sir Alf Ramsey Way
- Collect Fly the Flag t-shirt
- 1:15 – 1:35pm – Take part in a mini stadium tour
- 1:35 – 1:50pm – Penalties in FanZone
- 1:50 – 2:00pm – Parade the perimeter of the pitch with your flag
- 2:00 – 2:30pm – Watch the 1st team warm up on the pitch
- 2:30 – 2:50pm – Form the guard of honor outside the tunnel
- 2:50 – 3:00pm – Welcome the teams onto the pitch.
- 3:05pm – Participants to be collected from the Junior Blues Room.
We are taking bookings for both Matchday Experience and Fly the Flag for 2022/23 season now.
Please CLICK HERE to see a full fixture list and select a game which would work for you and your team.
If you would like to book in for a fixture or need any further information, please get in touch by contacting email@example.com.
We anticipate that these opportunities will be popular and therefore places are reserved on a first come first served basis.